SHAPE is a platform for innovative music and audiovisual art from Europe.
It consists of 16 festivals and art centers and aims to support, promote and exchange innovative and aspiring musicians and interdisciplinary artists with an interest in sound. SHAPE attempts to present a variety of idiosyncratic music and sonic art from all over Europe, and provide audiences and professionals with insightful lectures, talks and workshops by experts in various fields related to sound and performance.
Each year, the 16 involved associations will collectively choose 48 creatively strong artists and musicians to participate in a mix of live performances, residencies, workshops and talks across festivals and special events.
SHAPE is now in its second phase (2018-2021). It is an initiative, co-funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union.
The member festivals and art centers of SHAPE are:
- CTM Festival / DISK e.V. – Berlin, DE
- depart-one – Dresden, DE
- Festival Maintenant / Association Electroni[K] – Rennes, FR
- Insomnia Festival / Association – Tromso, NO
- Les siestes électroniques / Association Rotation – Toulouse, FR
- Meet Factory – Prague, CZ
- MoTA – Museum for Transitory Art – Ljubljana, SL
- musikprotokoll im steirischen herbst / ORF – Graz, AT
- RIAM Festival / Technè – Marseilles, FR
- Rokolectiv Festival / Association – Bucharest, RO
- Schiev Festival / Black Drop Productions – Brussels, BE
- Skaņu Mežs Festival / Association – Riga, LV
- Terraforma / – Milano, IT
- TodaysArt Festival / The Generator Foundation – The Hague, NL
- UH Festival / Ultrasound Foundation – Budapest, HU
- Unsound Festival / Fundacja Tone – Krakow, PL
SHAPE Plattform is supported locally by